30 Jan Google launches new, improved Places SDKs
Google launched the new upgraded Places SDKs for Android and iOS.
The upgraded SDKs are designed to make it easier for customers to use and scale with Places data by providing the same reliability, security and customer support as other Google Maps Platform products. The upgraded SDKs offer new enterprise-grade features like
- Unlimited requests per day (QPD) – a large increase from the existing SDKs
- 24 hr, 5 days a week customer support with up to 1 hour response time
- A new Service Level Agreement (SLA) with 99.9% uptime
- More frequent updates and quicker bug fixes
- Opening hours, as part of Place Details
- Total number of reviews for each place
- Access to plus codes – short codes that provide an address for every location in the world, even in areas where traditional street addresses don’t exist
Existing customers will need to transition to the new SDKs before July 29th, 2019, contact us now to get ready in time.
For additional information on how to migrate to the new SDKs, please contact us or read the Android and iOS migration guides. The official Google Blog Post from January 29th, 2019 can be found here.